Psycho-oncological support and counselling
Psycho-oncological support and counselling is primarily intended for patients diagnosed with cancer who experience mild to moderate psychological, physical, and social stress. Consultations are centred on the person as a sufferer and on approaches to deal with the disease.
The consultation mainly focuses on the individual’s self-efficacy and on learning strategies of how to cope with the disease.
Focus of the consultation
- Screening for psychosocial stress
- Psychosocial support and emotional guidance
- Dealing with the practical, familial, emotional, and physical strains that may arise as a consequence of the disease
- Providing personal and medical support on issues relating to the disease to affected patients and their family members
- Networking with internal and external institutions
- Counselling and support services are also available after completion of therapy/survivorship
The services will be invoiced at an official rate. Costs are normally covered by health insurance. We will clarify any ambiguities related to insurance cover in advance.
Our psycho-oncological consultant, Ms Annett Noack, will be happy to answer any questions or provide further information.