Urology deals with diseases of men's urinary and genital organs. As well as the kidneys and ureter, this also includes the bladder, urethra, prostate, testicles, epididymis and the penis.
At the Zuger Kantonsspital, the urology department is supported by affiliated physicians,who conduct the different evaluations in their practice and, where necessary, refer patients for surgery at the hospital. At the hospital, patients are subsequently treated by the affiliated doctor in close cooperation with the hospital’s surgical team of doctors and nursing specialists.
Our affiliated doctors offer the complete spectrum of urology treatments. Surgical interventions are often performed using minimally invasive, endoscopic or laparoscopic techniques. Specialists on duty are available for urology emergencies and case reviews at all times.
- Treatment of kidney stones and ureteral stones
- Minor and major prostate surgery (TUR-P, radical prostatectomy)
- Removal of bladder tumours (TUR-B or open surgery)
- Removal of kidney tumours (partial kidney resection, radical kidney removal)
- Artificial sphincter muscle
- Treatment of testicular torsion and inflammation
- Remedy for urethral stricture (endoscopy or open surgery)
- Male circumcision
- Removal of hydrocele, testicular tumours and varicocele
- Ligature (vasectomy)
- Straightening of penile curvature