The speech therapy team treats inpatients and outpatients of adult age. The objective is to restore communication skills and/or the ability to swallow and to achieve the highest possible quality of life as well as social and professional (re-)integration.
The initial treatment consists of a speech therapy assessment of the patient's problem and a functional diagnosis. We then define the therapeutic goals together with the patient and draw up an individual treatment strategy.
The speech therapy department of the Zug Cantonal Hospital offers a comprehensive range of therapies in medicine and surgery, with an emphasis on neurology and geriatrics. Our patients are managed in close and direct cooperation with the prescribing doctors of our hospital.
- Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
- Speech disorder (aphasia) - therapy of all affected modalities such as speech, comprehension, reading and writing
- Speech disorder (dysarthria) - correct control of breathing and speech tools and improving pronunciation
- Voice disorder (dysphonia)
- Adaptation of communication devices
- Consultations for patients and relatives
- Outpatient aphasic group
Book an appointment
T +41 41 399 43 30
F +41 41 399 43 31