You are a self-payer and need the test for a planned trip or for another reason. The test is fee required and by appointment only (no Walk-in). Testing for travel (travel certificate) and self-payers will be held at Corona-Testcenter 2, which is situated on the left side of the emergency center entrance (follow the orange signs). Please read the following information and then register for an appointment. Thank you.
- With online appointment booking only (no walk-in).
- If you need a PCR and a rapid antigen test for your trip, please book 2 appointments (one for the PCR and one for the rapid antigen test).
- Covid-19 nasopharyngeal swab only (PCR test or rapid antigen test, no antibody testing*).
- No personal medical examination and evaluation.
- Children and teenagers from the age of 8 (up to the age of 18 only accompanied by a legal guardian).
- Masks are compulsory on the entire site.
- No parking at the testcenter, please use the parking garage and then take the exit to the emergency center.
*If you would like an antibody test, you can have it performed in the bioanalytica laboratory without registration. It is located in the Kantonsspital Zug, contact details and opening hours can be found here.
Please bring along
- Completed form for COVID-19 test
- Identity card or passport (if the number must be noted on the travel certificate, please bring the original document with you, copies will not be accepted)
- Health insurance card
- Payment on site, cash or by EC/credit card, see testing costs below
- PCR test: CHF 140
- Rapid antigen test (travel certificate or test result in English): CHF 20
Payment on site, if possible with EC or credit card, otherwise cash. Included in the services are the Corona test, the test result in German/English*, the number of the identity card or passport (original document needed) as well as stamp and signature.
*The free rapid antigen test in accordance with the federal test strategy (result in German only) takes place exclusively at the Corona-Testcenter at the vaccination center in Baar. Further information and the link for online registration can be found here.
If possible, please fill out the form (personal details, possible coronavirus symptoms, etc.) in advance and bring it with you. This will help to make the process more efficient. If this is not possible, you will receive a form at the Corona-Testcenter to fill out before the test.
The test result is sent directly by the laboratory to the tested person by e-mail and/or SMS; for the rapid test within 2 hours, for the PCR test usually within 48 hours. Detailed information on how to proceed after testing is complete can be found here.
Zuger Kantonsspital AG
How to find us
The Corona-Testcenter 2 for travelers (travel certificate) and self-payers is located on the left side of the Emergency Center entrance. If you arrive by car you have to park in the parking garage and then take the exit to the emergency center. Follow the orange signs "Corona Testcenter 2".