Our team of general and visceral surgeons can surgically treat almost all diseases of the abdominal cavity, the throat including the thyroid gland, the skin and subcutaneous tissue as well as the venous system. This encompasses the entire gastrointestinal tract through to the anus, the internal organs such as the liver, spleen, gall bladder and pancreas, as well as pathological changes affecting the abdominal wall.
Visceral surgery refers to surgery pertaining to the internal organs. Depending on the diagnosis, we work closely with other medical specialists both in-house and external to the Zug Cantonal Hospital. In the case of surgical cancer treatments, all therapeutic steps are discussed and defined in interdisciplinary sessions (tumour board) with oncologists, radio-oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists and gastroenterologists.
Our surgical activities are supported by a state-of-the-art infrastructure. Where possible, we opt for tissue-preserving interventions using minimally invasive techniques through small incisions ("keyhole surgery"). We aim to provide an individually tailored therapy with a high degree of interpersonal and professional competence.
- Inguinal hernia operations, abdominal wall hernia
- Endocrine surgery (operations on hormone-producing organs such as the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands)
- Oesophageal surgery (diverticulum, oesophageal cancer)
- Laparoscopic diaphragmatic hernia and reflux surgery
- Surgical treatment of benign and malignant stomach conditions
- Liver and bile duct system interventions
- Laparoscopic gall bladder removal
- Spleen surgeries
- Pancreas surgery for benign or malignant conditions
- Partial removal of the small or large intestine (using open surgery and laparoscopic techniques for benign or malignant conditions, e.g. diverticular disease, chronic bowel inflammation)
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Skin and subcutaneous operations
- Surgical varicose vein treatment (varicosis)
- Stoma consultation
book an appointment
T +41 41 399 47 00
F +41 41 399 47 01