Gastroenterology is a core discipline of internal medicine. Our specialised team of doctors treat diseases that affect the entire digestive tract such as the oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, liver, gall bladder, bile ducts, pancreas and spleen. We use state-of-the-art methods to assess and treat diseases that affect the stomach and intestinal tract.
Our examination methods, such as screening colonoscopy (colonoscopy), in particular, enable us to detect cancer at an early stage and to significantly improve patient prognosis.
Our gastroenterology team draws on many years of experience and extensive expertise in the field. Examinations are carried out in close cooperation with other specialists within the hospital as well as with the designated GPs.
- Flexible diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (gastroscopy, colonoscopy, bile duct endoscopy) including numerous therapeutic options
- Abdominal sonography (ultrasound) including interventions (guided biopsies, drainage)
- Contrast-enhanced sonography (ultrasound)
- 24-hour oesophagus acidity readings
- Testing for food intolerances (lactose, fructose etc.)
- Outpatient evaluation consultation to assess gastroenterology and hepatic conditions, case reviews on referral from a GP or by direct appointment
- Inpatient and outpatient examination, diagnosis and therapy of gastroenterology disorders